That place is a rip off!!!!!! I spent $135.00 for an exam!! No glasses, no contacts! I called to ask the price of their exams and was told $45.00. However, after getting my exam, was told that the price was actually $110.00 plus an additional $25.00 for Dilation. Then I get to the register, and find out that the doctor forgot to even put in the dilation drops!!! She thought I was done! It was the girl at the register who said that I had to go back in after my eyes were dilated. Then to add insult, the Dr.came over to me and looked into my eyes pretending that she was checking the progress of my dilation. "Oh, I need to put another drop in, they are dilated yet". So on top of me being overcharged, my time was being wasted because their communication was horrible!

So when I finally got back to the register. I asked about contacts. Since I mostly wear my glasses I was only interested in 1 box for now. She tells me that I can't purchase 1 box, the minimum quantity is 2 boxes! What the ***? Then I asked why they charge so much more for a "Contact Exam" than for a "Regular Exam". All she said was that it's because I'm getting fitted for contacts and getting a prescription. They don't explain that over the phone. I didn't know there was a difference. So I pretty much paid an extra $65 for them to tell me that my eyeball diameter and contact prescription was the same!! It's ridiculous.

All these people care about is milking as much money as they possibly can out of customers. The insurance is a joke there. You can't even use it unless you buy something from them (like glasses or contacts). I will not go back there, ever!!! I'll go to my old eye place where I paid $100 for a Full exam, contacts included!!

Had an Experience with Pearle Vision?

Comments

When I pay for a prescription I expect it wll be valid for dispensing anywhere. That is the nature of a prescription -- much like one for a drug from an MD - it can be filled as written.

Pearle Vision does not add the measurements to their prescriptions, forcing you to buy glasses from them. That, I suppose is a business plan, but they should be made to disclose that their prescriptions, as written, cannot be used anywhere else without added info.

I'm asking my State consumer protection to investigate this deceptive practice.

Why shouldn't the Optometrist charge for a SERVICE being performed?They are taking extra chair time to evaluate the health of your eyes, ensuring u are still a good candidate for contact lenses as well as take additional tests, measurements & follow up care.

Oh and to the person who said they never were informed of the fitting fee.

Did u let them know u wear contacts?I ask each & every patient before if they intend on getting a contact Rx so there are no surprises after.

Oh and to the person who said they never were informed of the fitting fee.

#196982

:cry

I hate Pearle Vision also. After 3 years I am still going after them for making 2 right lenses. $480.00

Stay away from Pearle.

miami.....FYI, I have the same prescription for both eyes, and I didn't need a *** fitting or follow up because I was ordering the same brand of contacts that I've been wearing for the last 5 years. Who would want to pay $135.00 for a half *** exam and then leave empty handed and have to go to another place to purchase the contacts? I also paid WWAAAYYYYY less at the seconds place for the same contacts that Pearle was over charging for!

that is normal i think you don't even know what your getting, and eye exam for glasses is diferent to the eye exam for contacts, there is two diferent prescriptions, and depends on the prescription the fitting is more complicated probably you will need follow ups, (always included in the contact lens eye exam fee) and the reason for the two boxes is because you probably have diferent prescription in each eye. Each box of contact lenses only has one prescription, that is why you need at least two. YOU NEED MORE INFO BEFORE TALK TOOOOO MUCH.

that's pretty standard everywhere. $45 for glasses exam. and it goes up an additional $40-60 for a contact lens fitting....